Wednesday, January 9, 2013

MY THOUGHTS SO FAR

PLEASE NOTE:   as you are reading these posts, please remember that this is my personal experience. Everybody's bodies are different and we all react to different circumstances.   This being said there are  many similarities that we all experience with this process.

One of the items that may come up with your experience is feeling like you have done the wrong thing or is this worth it.  This is what happened yesterday to me.   I woke up extremely tired, feeling out of sorts, tired of the gas pains, tired of water, juice, broth and wondered if I would ever feel better.  I feel that it is important for people who are going to have this surgery that you MIGHT feel like absolute shit for about 3 full days.    Today was a new day.  I feel  quite good today, gas pains are almost gone, I can drink more liquids, doesn't hurt when I drink.  We had a good day sitting by the pool, walking around the neighborhood, went to there version of 7-11 and bought the most yummy Popsicle  that I got pretty much all of it down.  It was coconut and pineapple.   Fabulous.  I feel that I have energy today.  I feel that I definitely did the right thing!

Tomorrow we get our drains out, ya, ya, ya.  We go back to the hospital and as Dr. Castaneda will be in Guadalajara  he picked out another surgeon that he trusts to take out our drains.  This to me is very comforting as he has been nothing but caring and has our health foremost in his mind.   We then get to go do some touring, go to Costco, more shopping and see the sunset at the beach.  Home on Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment